How to claim on your GAP insurance

If your vehicle is involved in an accident and is declared a total loss, you can make a claim on your GAP insurance by contacting Global Insurance Management on 024 7652 7831.
You will also need to make a claim on your car insurance policy. If your car is insured with Hughes Insurance, you can report your claim directly to our specialist claims handling company MIS on 028 90 410 220.

All claims must be made as soon as is reasonable and, in any case, no more than 30 working days after it becomes apparent that your vehicle will be declared a total loss.

Details you will require when making a claim:

  • Your policy number
  • Vehicle details
  • Exact mileage of your vehicle at the time of the total loss
  • The cause of the total loss
  • The outstanding finance agreement or contract hire agreement settlement figure (if applicable)
Back to help centre