The Conservation Volunteers (TCV) and Hughes Insurance has launched a competition for schools across Northern Ireland to win ‘Wild Days Out’. The events which highlight the importance of conservation education within schools, aims to inspire the next generation to care for and protect green spaces through a range of fun activities.
From bug hunting to den building, seed planting, nature-based crafts, and outdoor games, Wild Days Out support young children to learn new skills, become more adventurous and grow in confidence.
As part of its ongoing partnership with TCV, Hughes Insurance is inviting schools to win one of two action packed days through a province-wide competition. Open to all Primary 5 classes, schools must submit a poster and 100 words on how they could benefit from the experience - and why they should be chosen to receive a visit from TCV.
The competition is now open, and entries will close on Friday 27th October. To enter, please email a picture of your poster to firstname.lastname@example.org
• The competition is open to Primary 5 classes only and one entry per school is allowed, and a total of two schools will be chosen to receive a Wild Day Out.
• Entries must include a poster and a written submission of 100 words to be considered.
• Your school must reside in Northern Ireland.
• The Wild Day Out will be hosted by TCV who will travel to the winning schools – all TCV staff have suitable NI Access Checks as required.
• By submitting your entry, you are giving permission for the images to be used by The Conservation Volunteers and Hughes Insurance in digital and print media, including social media and national / regional print outlets.
• Closing date for entries is Friday 27th October. Anything submitted after this date will not be considered.
• Winning schools selected by Hughes Insurance and TCV will be final.
• By entering the competition, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions and winning schools are agreeing to participating in promotional activity.